Garrett P. Hoerner graduated cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law in 1997. He earned his undergraduate degree in chemistry from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1994. Before joining the firm, Garrett served as an appellate law clerk to Justice Clyde L. Kuehn of the Illinois Appellate Court, Fifth Judicial District, from 1997 through 1999.
Licensed to practice law in both Illinois and Missouri, Garrett concentrates his practice in municipal/school law and civil litigation. He is appointed as legal counsel for the City of Belleville, the City of Fairview Heights, Southwestern Illinois College, East St. Louis School District No. 189, Central School District No. 104, Millstadt School District No. 160, Wood River-Hartford School District No. 15 and the St. Clair County Regional Office of Education, and serves as an Assistant State’s Attorney for St. Clair County, Illinois. He also provides legal services to members of the Illinois Association of School Administrators.
Garrett is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, serving previously on the Civil Practice and Procedure Section Council, the Standing Committee for Continuing Legal Education and the Education Law Section Council. His other professional affiliations include the Illinois Municipal League, Illinois Council of School Attorneys, Illinois Community College Attorneys Association, St. Clair County Bar Association, and East. St. Louis Bar Association.
Garrett also co-authored a Southern Illinois University Law Review article on Illinois civil procedure and has lectured on Illinois civil appeals, school law and labor law for the Illinois State Bar Association, Saint Louis University School of Law and Chicago-Kent School of Law.
- Illinois, 1997
- Missouri, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1999
- Saint Louis University School of Law
- J.D. – 1997
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. – 1994
- Major: Chemistry
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- East St. Louis Bar Association
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- Illinois Community College Attorneys Association
- Illinois Municipal League